Monday, October 17, 2011

Why I walk on the "Wrong" Side of The Road





I don't understand who made the stupid law of walking on the right side to where you are facing. I mean its okay with Vehicles to do that, But pedestrians.... I don't Get it. I mean as a general rule you should be facing oncoming traffic as u walk on the streets or the sidewalk, But here its different. You are facing away from the oncoming traffic and walking along the ongoing traffic. Vehicles appear behind your back as they pass you bye.  Suppose a Vehicle looses control, you wont be able to see your Death coming, by the time you gain consciousnesses you will be in heaven... Isn't it Logical just to see whats coming in-front of you as you as you walk and react as per circumstances. Road accidents and deaths in the Capital that pedestrian fatalities outnumber murders (528 in 2008). For instance, only 52 pedestrians died in Hyderabad in 2008, 74 in Bangalore, 29 in Pune, 62 in Jaipur and 71 in Nagpur for the same period. I m sure Most of them didn't even see their death coming. I can only hope they would be walking on the "Wrong" side of the Road, they could have ducked or done something to lessen the impact that led to their death. I mean isn't walking on the side of oncoming traffic a Logical Solution to lessen the death rates. 
Concluding i would say - Walking To the Right Side is the Wrong Side (unless u want to die), walk to the left and you have a 1UP... 

---- Sam Mysterio ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareMyPost