Friday, October 14, 2011

Reading at Two Colleges at the Same Time - An Interview


WORK of FICTION

I, Barkha Dhutt welcome you to the Baith'ke baat here on BendyTV. Today we have with ourselves a young lad who has been nominated for the MTV youth icon. A guy who Studies in not only two Colleges at the same time but they are of different backgrounds of Science. An Aspiring Engineer-Cum-Doctor i must say..
Welcome Suvra Sankha Dev *applause*

B.D - So welcome to the Show Mr.Dev.

SSD - Gald to be here..

BD - wow, this is just great... I mean its true.. U seem to study in two colleges at the Same time. One
Engineering College and the other is Medical College.. How did you get that to happen.

SSD - Well i always wanted to be an engineer but more than that i wanted to know everything, "Knowledge" as a whole was my main aim in Life sorta thing. Soon as the School was getting over i wondered is this what i wanted to do for the rest of my life, I mean Being an Engineer was a Dream and I Genuinely was happy and i knew i would Love to be an Engineer with no regrets whatsoever, but later one night i just thoght  over it and i felt that no, something was not right, i felt uneasy and soon i realized that my passion was to "know", everything.  Everything the world can provide with. Every Experience, ever opportunity. I mean we live just once. I have nothing to loose. So later the very next morning i talked with my dad. He was more Confused than Curious. So yea.. That's how it all started..

BD - Well, thats a heck of a kick of realization you got. Tell us about how the Admissions happens. I mean the Studio audience and the millions watching are keen to know that.

SSD - The process had a bit of Pressure, Luck, Perspiration.. all Combined. So my dad did all the work dealing wid the Ministry.. I mean i appeared for both the AIEEE and Medical Exam and I got in for Both the colleges, but well i didnt one to choose one. So my dad wrote a letter and we had the entire thing sorted out and The Education Minister Read that and soon enough he approved. There were a few correction in the Clauses here and there but it was all sorted at the end. so yea..

BD - Thats incredible.. So how is the Entire College thing going on. How long it has been and tell us more..

SSD - Well it has been 3 months and Both the Colleges and its going good so far. They say Medical is Difficult and not Engineering. Trust me they both are Equally difficult. No comparison.

BD - Saying Difficult. How are you dealing with the pressure. I mean It must be Hectic.

SSD - Oww yaa.. Its Hectic all Right. I mean comming here for this interview i broght books wid me. Came Studing all the way and will go Studing. Mid-sems's Start in a Couple of days. But its not that i Study always, I mean the Engineering Stuff is More of the Practical work and Stuff.. I have to Study less and work on workshops more.. and the Medical Stuff is More of the STUDY STUDY STUDY method.. I Try not to loose my appetite and get any disease or Something, Coz than everything is ruined.. But well i manage. Somehow.

BD - How about the classes how do you manage them.

SSD - The most difficult task i have to accomplish.. haha.. I keep moving from one college to anotother every now and then. I have a allowance of 20% more leave of absence than other students in both the colleges and i am Sooo Thankful to Minister Sir for that. And i am utilizing the 20+20 = 40% in both the colleges and its helping a lot. The two colleges are couple of hours apart. So it gets kinda tiresome at times.

BD - Don't you think its partiality. Giving you a 20% Extra Credit in Both the Colleges.

SSD - I dont think so. Coz thats not something i thoght about, i mean "learning" is all i am asking. I dont think its too much to ask and am Sincere.. So No point in that.

BD - Ok. So Whats the deal with all the doctor stuff..

SSD - Well my mom is a Schizophrenic patient and we went to all the places in India Looking for a Cure and Not 1 doctor Could Help Us. So i took it as a Challenge.. Will Cure her...

BD - That's Good. Now Let us Take an Audience Question.. umm.... Yes you! over there..

Audience - Medic and Engineer.. Y not arts or Commerce too. U want to learn. So why not them too.
*Crowd Laughs*

SSD - I hope that wasn't Sarcastic :) .But well actually i did Think about that too. I love Economics and I do wright songs and poems and Stuff all the time. But nah, not risking to Take that much pressure and Ow I hate "History" and "Political Science".. I hope That Solves your Question.

BD - So tell us about your family and a little about personal life, if u may..

SSD- :) well my family comprises of me, my dad, my mom and my little sis.. And I love to hangout with my friends and trust me i do take out time to have fun.. Its not like i am always studying.. That's Personal Enough I guess..

BD - ok. So thats all the time we have for today.. Anything Else would u like to add...

SSD - Well, i hope government can carry out some law or sumthin tht a Student can "Learn" what ever he/she wants to and maybe allowed to Study where ever he wants once qualified...

BD - Thnk you for being here and i m sure you will do wonders someday.. People you just witnessed an Extra ordinary man here.. He is Going to Do Wonders.
.
Barkha Dhutt Signinig off from Baith'ke baat ...
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and we will be Back tomorrow at the same place, same time and Guess who's coming.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareMyPost